Monday, October 02, 2006

A bit of a fright! Iritis hurts.

When I woke up this morning I couldn't see out of my right eye. Just a blur.

It's been a bit sore for a few days, but today it really hurt. Saw the doc at 10 o'clock (out of one eye anyway). Apparently I have iritis which is painful but treatable. I should get the sight back in the eye OK in a few days.

I now have various drops to put in the eye at intervals and after 5 hours or so they do seem to be working. It hurts less anyway.

If you are reading this because you want to know about Shelsley Watermill I have copied all the past entries onto the mill's own website that has its very own restoration blog. In future I will be blogging the about the mill on that sight and about everything else on this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I too have recurring iritis and have gone through all the regimens posted on various med sites (blood & urine tests, xrays chest & back, and steroid injections in the eye). As you're aware, they only treat the symptom, they do not cure. By accident I found a cure for myself where outbreaks end after a day or two instead of 6-8 wks with relief of pain in 2-4 hours.
Try the antihistamine Hydroxyz HCL 25mg. It is a presription drug. When an outbreak occurs take a pill. If after 2 hours pain is still present or increasing, take another pill. Once pain is under control, take pill about every 4 hours based on pain level. Pain is usually gone in 2-8 hours. Outbreak gone after a day or two. I only take a pill if the pain is obviously returning/intensifying. Once the eye is on the mend, I stop taking the pills. So far I've only had to take 2-10 pills during an outbreak depending on intensity of pain.
Side affects of the pill is drowsiness. You can still function, but you're definitely in a haze. I shake the effects after 12-24 hrs.
Hope this helps.

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home