Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dismembered Skeleton

The skeleton clock is no longer running as you can see. After carefully letting down the mainspring I have succesfully taken it apart and have started the finishing and polishing process on the individual parts.

There are a few puzzles left. I have not yet worked out how to disconnect the fusee line from the fusee and I am not sure if I need to open the mainspring drum but there is plenty of time to sort it all out.

Most of the work is going to be finishing the frames. The faces are fairly well finished already but there is a lot of edges that are still 'as cast' and need filing clean and then polishing. These frames are the principle feature of the clock so I can't scimp on the effort here.

There is not much of this work that can be done with power tools so I shall be kept active as well as occupied. Posted by Picasa

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home