Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Countdown Continues

That's it for another working week, only two more to go. Eight whole working days left and I shall have retired. Don't get me wrong, I have loved my job and enjoyed my work but it will be nice not to drive 30 miles each morning.

Time to spend on the latest clock, time to watch the birds, time to talk to friends, time to listen, time to just be. Many years ago I was drawn into a conversation in a country hotel by being asked for my idea of luxury. The conversation had been about the taxation of luxuries but when I replied that my idea of luxury was time to think the conversation was re-routed. I was a teenager at the time and embarrassed by the attention but 45 years later I still think the same.

I will still be working, of course, at marketing VMDirect and video e-mail. The difference is that I will be doing it from home and fitting it around my life instead of working at the office and fitting life round that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home