Thursday, April 13, 2006

More work on the Skeleton

After 14 hours work spread over 3 days I have got the front frame of the skeleton clock ready to polish. I hope you can see the difference!

While I have been filing and sanding in amongst the detail, the little anniversary clock has been running happily at the back of the bench. I have bought a key for from Cousins Masterial House for the princely sum of £1.50 + VAT. I have used Cousins for tools and supplies since I took up this hobby and they have always been reliable. They also sell clock and watch batteries, including the sizes that my car alarm remote control uses, at prices that highlight the markup on the High Street. For most sizes a box of ten batteries costs the same as a single battery from my local shops.

I am going to have to find a glass dome for the skeleton clock, which is what I was looking for on e-Bay when I bought the anniversary clock. If anyone knows of a good source I would love to hear from you
Posted by Picasa
Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home