Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Skeleton Clock - Work in Progress

Much activity at the workbench after yesterday's news. The anniversary clock is responding well to being adjusted and is now keeping better time and I have put in several hours work on the front frame of the skeleton clock.

The more I work on this clock the better I like it but I can see why makers hold skeltons in such awe. There is an awful lot of work involved in getting the frames bright without rounding-off any of the webs. These casting do have one or two quite deep defects on the inner face that are going to need some careful work but it will all be worth it.

The kit came fully assembled and ran beautifully with a very quiet action, so I can hardly wait to get it all polished and rebuilt.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home