Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sore Fingers

Work continues on the skeleton clock, but has slowed down a little. Before I retired I would would spend an hour or so in the evenings working with hand tools and my small lathe but now I am spending several hours at a time at the workbench.

It is a delight to have the time to spend on what I find is an absorbing hobby but I am having trouble with sore fingers while my skin hardens up a bit. At least I can turn to the web and research ideas and materials. Browsing e-Bay is always amazing, I never cease to be astonished by what people will buy.

When we go to Clock Fairs there are obvously many amateur and professional clock and watch enthusiasts in the UK but they do seem to be more web-shy than their American counterparts, because much of my web-based research leads me to US web-sites, even for English makers. If there are English horologists out there thta disagree I would love to be proved wrong.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home